Here at BOTL Farm, we have always believed the foundation of a balanced diet is bacon. While we wait for an updated food pyramid to get published, we have begun a project to raise a pig that is 100% bacon. Current yields are a normal amount of bacon in each pig, but we're going to keep trying using an experimental technique of piglet belly rubs and playing high-fat music in the pasture over night. Our neighbors love the music.
- Whole pigs will be approximately $1,300. This includes a price per pound hanging weight of $6.50 with target hanging weights of 160 lbs and target live weights of 250 lbs. This makes the total meat cost about $1,040 and butcher costs around $260, for a total of approximately $1,300 depending on the final weight of your little bundle of bacon joy.
- We are NOT currently doing half pigs. Phone a friend and buy a whole.
- First deposit is $250, and we’ll be asking for a second deposit of $250 in February. Balance will be payable at pick-up. Click here to email us a suitcase full of money.
- Our pigs are heritage breeds Mangalitsa and Berkshire, and are being raised on pasture and in forest. This means they eat lots of sticks. Pigs love sticks.
- Supplemental feed is, as with all our other animals, corn-free, soy-free and non-GMO.
- Pork will be ready in late April or early May 2019.
- We will deliver to USDA-certified butcher and can help you with your cut list if you’ve never done one or are looking for the latest in pork cutting technology.
- Everything will be vacuum-sealed, packaged, and frozen, picked up from our farm. At no extra charge, you’ll get to meet a couple of the best-dressed farmers you’ve ever seen east of Hartford! Also a really cute dog. She loves you already … in fact she knows you’re her new best friend.